Months 1-3 of implementing a Growth-Driven Retainer are spent kicking off a campaign and keeping a watchful eye on initial progress.
- Press start on LaunchPad - Month 1 will kick off with the LaunchPad Content, which consists of content offers and strategic landing pages created during the setup phase.
- Gather benchmark data - The first three months are crucial for predicting long term growth. Benchmark data will be used to gather expectations on future performance.
- HubSpot - As your customers grow, you'll probably be upgrading your marketing automation, but for the first three months, try out HubSpot Marketing free to get your feet wet.
- Implement paid ads - Using Google AdWords and Facebook helps establish momentum early in the campaign so that you see value and results immediately.
- If you DO meet the goals from your first quarter:
- Examine HubSpot Marketing and Sales Starter.
- Adjust/increase retainer based on past and future target growth.
- Continue adding data to benchmark growth.
- Utilize paid ads.
- If you DON'T meet the goals from your first quarter:
- Readjust your goals and KPIs based on data collected from the first three months.
- Check back in three more months.
- You have the option to opt out.
- Ramp up content production and inbound marketing initiatives.
- Upgrade to Sales Professional* - Only if your industry/business requires a sales cycle!
- Upgrade to Marketing Professional - Allows us to use marketing automation, open up new channels, and generally increase inbound activities.
- Keep using HubSpot’s free CRM tools - If Phase 1 and Phase 2 happen to have blown your KPIs out of the water, you may want to consider upgrading to HubSpot’s Marketing Enterprise early if your business is scaling quickly.
Phase 4 is the final Growth-Driven Retainer phase, and can continue indefinitely to scale. If you’ve made it this far, it means you’ve seen positive results and growth every quarter.
- Keep scaling and adjusting.
- Invest based on quarter-to-quarter growth.
- Begin to integrate necessary 3rd party apps and services.
If you want to learn more about Growth-Driven Retainers, or you want some more background information, visit our comprehensive resource on the subject.